Private Limited Company is the most prevalent and popular type of corporate legal entity in India. Private limited company registration is governed by the Companies Act, 2013 and the Companies Incorporation Rules, 2014. A private limited company is a company privately held for small businesses. This type of business entity limits owner liability to their shareholdings, the number of shareholders to 200, and restricts shareholders from publicly trading shares.Start-ups and growing companies prefer private limited company as it allows outside funding to be raised easily, limits the liabilities of its shareholders and enables them to offer employee stock options to pull in top talent.
There are multiple reasons to choose private limited company :
- Preferred by banks, VCs & investors.
- Easy to allocate and redistribute shares to investors or other directors.
- Separate legal entity which limits your liability.
- Offers the flexibility of a partnership firm and the advantages of a Public Ltd Company.
- Easy to register, manage & run.
- Easy to dissolve or wind-up.